Dual concurrent WLAN at up to 867 Mbps
The LANCOM OAP-830 features two WLAN radio modules for the simultaneous operation at 2.4 and 5 GHz. This makes it the ideal choice for providing modern outdoor hotspots in high-density environments or for professional WLAN coverage of open spaces for professional applications – thanks to IEEE 802.11ac with up to 867 Mbps.
Maximum reliability in all weathers
The LANCOM OAP-830 has a rugged IP66 protective housing, making it fully dust proof and water-jet resistant. It withstands temperatures between -33°C and +70°C to guarantee reliable operations even under extreme conditions.
Dynamic radio-field optimization from Active Radio Control
The LANCOM OAP-830 supports the WLAN optimization concept LANCOM Active Radio Control. This intelligent combination of innovative features included with the LCOS operating system – such as Adaptive Noise Immunity, Adaptive RF Optimization or Client Steering, – sustainably increases WLAN performance and supports administrators with professional tools for WLAN management.
LANCOM security for wireless networks
With numerous integrated security features, such as IEEE 802.1X, this outdoor access point provides optimal security for networks. Administrators and employees alike benefit from professional security policies on the network.
Secure remote management
With the LANCOM OAP VPN Option the device can be upgraded with VPN functionalities, so enabling a securely encrypted remote management – ideal especially for providers and hotspot operators.
Quick and easy network integration of the access points as well as automatic assignment of the configuration – without manual configuration. For WLAN controller or LANCOM Management Cloud-based installations, the access point receives an appropriate configuration immediately after network authentication.
Secure integration of external users
In combination with the LANCOM Public Spot option, the LANCOM OAP-830 is ideal for operating hotspots. Users benefits from a hotspot that is secure and easy-to-use, while hotspot operators can be sure that their own network remains separate from the guest network.
The LANCOM OAP-830 supports the high-speed WLAN standard IEEE 802.11ac, so that you are well equipped for future challenges. What’s more, LANCOM products are designed for a service life of several years and are equipped with hardware dimensioned for the future. Even reaching back to older product generations, updates to the LANCOM Operating System – LCOS – are available several times a year, free of charge and offering major features.
- Dual concurrent WLAN – parallel operation at 2.4 and 5 GHz with up to 300 Mbps with IEEE 802.11n and 867 Mbps with IEEE 802.11ac
- Integrated sector antennas for 2.4 and 5 GHz
- Robust IP66 protective housing – reliable even at extreme temperatures (-33°C to +70°C)
- Dynamic WLAN optimization thanks to LANCOM Active Radio Control (ARC)
- Professional security features such as IEEE 802.1X
- IPSec-VPN support with LANCOM OAP VPN Option
- Zero-touch deployment with a LANCOM WLAN controller
- Easy and secure integration of external users with the LANCOM Public Spot option
- Connectors for Gigabit Ethernet with Power over Ethernet as per IEEE 802.3af and Fast Ethernet